Today I thought I would do a post on what I have achieved this year and what I am proud of, and what I plan on doing next year! It’s a bit of a personal post and I think that now is the right time to give you a little insight into my life as this week will mark my blogs 1 year anniversary, and I feel like I know my readers well enough to share a bit more about myself.
To sum 2012 up I have to say that it was a huge improvement to 2011. In 2011 I was struck hard with crippling panic attacks and anxiety that forced me out of my education and prevented me from taking my Gcse’s. While all this was going on in August 2011 I sadly lost my lovely Grandpa to cancer which left myself and my family heartbroken.
This year (2012) I have taken the time to recover from my panic and anxiety attacks and get myself back into some sort of normality. I managed to get onto a Dog Grooming course earlier in January this year and passed it with a Distinction! I have also managed to grab a small part of my social life back in seeing my friends and family more often. I also got a job at a local Kennels&Cattery on Sundays which I absolutely love. In September I also started my Level 2 Animal Care Diploma course which is going really well too.
I started the Animal care course in September 2011 but sadly had to leave as I just wasn’t well enough to go. After attending the Dog Grooming course earlier this year it gave me enough confidence to get through this year and re start the course this September!
I am really proud of how far I have come this year. Sure, I have my down days but, who doesn’t? I am an 18 year old teenage girl and as some of you may know very well….girls have got a lot going on!!!! Emotions are like a roller coaster for us!
I still battle with mild anxiety every now and then, and a few self confidence issues but hey, It’ll figure itself out sooner or later!
Starting beginnersbeauty.com opened up doors for me which I never imagined would exist. I have spoken to some amazing people and met a few of you too. The ongoing support that the bloggers community offers is something that can’t match to a non bloggers life. The love & support that you guys offer is just amazing and I can’t thank you all enough.
Every reader, follower or passer byer has given me a huge lift like you wouldn’t believe. I really and truly appreciate every single one of you!
So…Now onto my 2013 goals and hopes! I know a few of these I probably will end up giving up on but hey, so does about 90% of the rest of the population! New years resolutions are hard! But it takes determination to go through with them!
1. Find inner happiness - super cheesy but yes, I want to find an inner happiness that can’t be found on it’s own. I want to choose to be happy. I want to teach myself to find the happy and positive side of everything that comes my way instead of dwelling and being negative about it.
2. Learn to drive – This isn’t as cheesy! I really want to learn to drive! Using public transport is getting on my nerves now! I’m thinking , what would I rather do? Get in my own, comfy, warm, quiet car, or wait 30 minutes in the rain and sit on an un comfy, smelly, loud and bumpy bus…CAR!
3. Get out more – While my social life is slowly getting back to normal I want to push myself to get out more. I don’t mean going out and getting drunk out of my face but just getting out more, meeting new people and having a good time!
4. Get a tattoo – Yes, I really want a tattoo. I have had a tattoo in mind for ages now that I really want and I want to get it done in 2013! A few think it’s really stupid and cheesey but it
has a personal meaning to it and I think it fits ! I really want “Hakuna Matata” on the inner side of my arm. “Hakuna Matata” means “no worries” and as an anxiety sufferer, NOT worrying is difficult. Having it there on my arm as a reminder 24/7 will give me more motivation and strength!
5. Exercise more – This is probably the number 1 thing everyone says but YES I WANT TO BE MORE FIT! I don’t want to exercise to lose weight because it would involve changing my diet and my household won’t change their diets so it’s difficult for me to change mine. So I want to join at least one fitness class, like Zumba ,and stick to it! I also want to go for at least an hour walk every day!
6. Become more independent - I think this is one of the more important ones. I’m not very independent from my family. I rely on them a lot and I think that as I’m not getting any younger I need to break away and start finding myself more!
That’s all that I can think of right now but I will be putting more on my Twitter every now and then! Make sure you follow me so you know what I am up to ! hehe!
Once again thank you all for reading and being apart of beginnersbeauty. I couldn’t have created it all without you. I cannot wait for what next year holds for this site and I hope that it will grow !
Hope you all have a lovely New Year!
Thanks for reading!
Twitter – @beautyblogpage
*disclaimer – i am in no way looking for sympathy. i am also in know way asking for any unnecessary and mean comments about my future goals and experiences*